- Est delivery : Jun 7 - Jun 16
- Model: 81472
Get your coupon code
The history on Polly Gas is hard to find and the few sources give conflicting information. One writer says Polly began as a chain of independently owned stations selling gasoline in California in the teens and twenties. This source says that Polly became a part of Wilshire Oil of Los Angeles during the Depression. Wilshire was founded in 1910 according to two sources and in 1919 according to another. In any case, Polly stations were a common sight on the West coast from the twenties through the fifties before and after the war. Around 1960, Wilshire was bought by Gulf and Polly stations became Gulf stations.
Add some vintage charm to your garage or workshop with this Polly Gas glass gas pump globe! This globe is manufactured in the same facility as they were decades ago, using the same techniques to create an authentic and nostalgically warm look.
Measuring 20.25" in height, 18" in width, and 8" in depth, this globe is double sided with identical 15" round glass logos on both sides, lighting up and adding a touch of nostalgia to any space. The logos are painted on the glass, cured in a furnace, and melted into shape to create a durable and high-quality finish.
The outer rim of the globe is made of steel with snap rings, adding to its vintage charm. The lamp base has a chrome upper collar and a powder coated steel bottom, measuring 3 inches tall with an 8 inch diameter. It is easy to install, simply plug it into a 120V receptacle with the included 7 foot cord and inline switch (light bulb not included - we recommend using a 40 watt Incandescent or 6 watt LED bulb).
Please note that the globe and lamp base ship in separate boxes, and are proudly made in the USA. Bring some vintage charm to your garage or workshop with this glass gas pump globe!
- Overall height 20.25" by width 18" by depth 8"
- Globe is double sided with identical 15" round glass logo on both sides lighting up on both sides.
- The logos are painted on the glass, cured in a furnace, and melted into shape.
- Outer rim is steel with snap rings
- The lamp base has a chrome upper collar with a powder coated steel bottom and measures 3 inches tall with an 8 inch diameter.
- Plug into 120V receptacle with 7 foot cord with inline switch.
- Light bulb not included. Bulb recommendations: 40 watt Incandescent or 6 watt LED bulb
- Globe and Lamp Base ship in separate boxes.
- Made in the USA